5:59 PM

Testimonials

|



Crossfit truly has changed my life, because one year ago I thought for sure my desire to join the military would go unfulfilled. With the desire to get in shape came Crossfit and with Crossfit came a whole new attitude towards life and fitness. I look forward to continuing to train with everyone until the day I ship out. The time I have spent in this gym, with the trainers and with all of you guys who motivate me everyday have been amazing. Without all of you I could not have lost 125# and now be moving towards my goal of becoming an Army Officer. Thank You. -Rockey















I am
63 years old and have had several health problems, including open heart by-pass surgery, 9 stents in my heart, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I have had siatica pain for months and a bad knee. I started doing Crossfit 4 months ago and it's the best thing I ever did! The trainers programed the workouts of the day specific for me and my age and health issues. Since I have started doing Crossfit, I have continually progressed each week and now I can do things I never thought I could do again. I am stronger, leaner, and feel better then I have in years! My siatica pain is reduced and my bad knee is getting stronger everyday. I recently went to my cardiologist and my blood pressure and cholesterol are both down. He told me that whatever exercise program I was doing to keep doing it! It's working! Not only am I feeling better, but the movements I have been taught at the gym are keeping me from injuring myself when I have been lifting things around the house or doing yard work. Crossfit helps me everyday.
I see the importance of the movements I learn here at the gym will help keep me functional as I get older and to help me maintain my independance.
The trainers at Viking Crossfit have been great. They are very knowledgable and approachable. Thank you Viking Crossfit for helping me feel better then I have in years! You will see me at the gym for a long time coming. -Sweed L.



I started CrossFit May of 2008. It has been a life changing thing for me.
I am now in the best shape of my life. I feel strong now, and my body is toned.
I have lost 16# so far and went down 2 jeans sizes. I love how the trainers and other clients at the gym encourage me through my workouts. I love when I accomplish new personal goals at the gym, to me it is like Christmas and I leave on cloud 9. I love the workouts at the gym and I hate to take rest days now. Every night at 9:00p.m. I am in front of my computer to see what the workout is going to be for the next day. I have learned that, at times, you will want to give up during your workout, but the trainers won't let you, because they know you can do it. I have also learned that when I am sore after a workout, if I go the next day I feel better. CrossFit is empowering. I am doing things now that I never thought I could do, both in and out of the gym. CrossFit has helped me set goals for my future that I AM going to accomplish. I am stronger, leaner and more confident then I ever have been. What can I say, I LOVE CROSSFIT!!
-Mandy M.














Viking CrossFit. Boy, who would have thought those two words would have such an impact on my fitness. Prior to joining the affiliate I did CrossFit workouts on my own at home or at the station for about nine months. In the seven months that I've been at the gym I've watched my WOD times drop significantly, by more than half in many cases.
I used to be a big proponent of long distance runs and your typical weight room workouts. I rarely run long distance now but have still dropped a minute off of my race pace. Since bench presses are so popular to most I'll use them as an example. I've gained 45 lbs on my bench press despite the fact that we VERY rarely do bench presses. That's a bigger gain than I ever saw doing your standard lifting workout. I work as a full-time Firefighter and work capacity and oxygen consumption are vital components of my job. I can now work longer and harder on one bottle of air than before, not to mention I recover much faster. It's very possible that someday my fitness level will be the deciding factor in whether my partner or I go home in one piece at the end of that shift. It's nice to know that what I do at the gym is preparing me for the day that things go horribly wrong. Dramatic? Sure, I'll grant you that but I can tell you of 343 FDNY Firefighters who would tell you that you never know what's going to come down the road at you.
There's really to many positives to hit them all. Like knowledgeable trainers who don't just look at you as money coming in but a part of their extended family. I don't know about you but I like the fact that the people who train me know my strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, what I do for a living, ect. To me those are the little things that say "Hey, you folks are a big part of our lives. We are passionate about you and your goals!".
Who's ever gone to the gym to get a workout in and your heart just isn't in it? You do your workout but you're unmotivated and just don't get much out of it. Yeah, we've all been there. Now try walking into Viking with that exact feeling and see if the same thing happens. I'm here to tell you it won't. The enthusiasm and intensity of your friends (trainers and fellow clients) makes it impossible. Do you want to build amazing friendships with people who have the same desire for excellence that you do? Well, nothing builds strong bonds like common goals and shared hardships. Do you want to realize that you're capable of doing much more than you ever thought you could both mentally and physically? I can't think of a better place to do that than a little box with friends pushing you to be better!
I have found all of these things and more at Viking CrossFit. I was just looking to find a better workout and I'm here to tell you I got a whole lot more than that. Thanks Jason, Natalie, Dave, Cody and Steve. What you folks have built is an amazing thing!
-Will M.