1:14 PM

8/13/08

|

Most women have a lot of questions about Crossfit. Can I do it? Will I get bulky? Below are some great links and articles for women to read.


The Crossfit Women Phenomena. (Click Here)




Women and Strength Training

Women’s bodies respond differently than mens when it comes to strength training. One of the most common concerns for women when first beginning CrossFit is the possibility of “getting big” lifting all that heavy weight; but experts say otherwise:

“Muscles cannot get “longer” without some rather radical orthopedic surgery. Muscles don’t get leaner—you do.

The vast majority of women cannot get large, masculine muscles from barbell training. There is such a profound difference in male and female testosterone levels that the strength differences between men and women are almost entirely accounted for by hormone level.”

So what you CAN expect to get out of CrossFit is what you are told by your coaches when you first sign up: “You WILL get in the best shape of your life”. It takes some hard work though. We know the secret to fitness and health, and we also know all the hard work is well worth it.

“As CrossFit grows and it becomes harder to ignore the results of honest work done at high intensities, the media are taking notice. You pretty much get out of an effort what you put into it. Effective exercise is more like training for athletics and less like lying around on the floor.”

-Quotes from the Crossfit Journal






“I wasn’t overweight before Crossfit and I didn’t see a dramatic weight loss. I was your average size girl that worked out a ton and thought that I ate healthy and saw no results. After CrossFit and following a Paleo/Zone diet I am only 3 lbs lighter yet my body fat is 7% lower and my physique has completely changed! I want to inspire women to forget what they learned about a number on a scale or a jean size because I am an example that those 2 things do not matter. I am leaner, stronger, more toned, faster, healthier, happier and more fit than ever before!!


CrossFit teaches you mental toughness which transfers over into everyday life and gives you an “I can” attitude. Fear and ego get in the way of so many things you might want to do in life such as change careers, start a new relationship, or run a marathon. If you can overcome those 2 things you are going to be far more successful."


">


This is Jessica Sharratt, she’s a coach at CrossFit Central. Although she doesn’t have some great success story, she helps other women reach their own success like we do here at Viking Crossfit. She also teaches her clients: forget the scale, how do you feel and how do you look?! Some women start CrossFit as someone who wants to lose weight, some women are just looking for something different. A lot of women are bored of what the typical gym has to offer and want to be healthy and FEEL healthy. You CAN have both, plus so much more. How about a whole new group of friends who push and inspire you every day, and a whole new passion that fits perfectly into what you want to do with your life? Crossfit is empowering. It's more then just physical fitness, it's about mental health as well. Are you ready to try something new? It's time to checkout Viking Crossfit!

-Courtesy of Crossfit Girls: Miami Blog


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return
the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my site!
I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

Feel free to visit my weblog ... http://testostrongreview.net

Post a Comment