4:08 PM

Trainers

|



Natalie Garcia

Born and raised in Provo, Utah. I am a full-time mom of three boys, a part-time RN in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and now an owner and trainer at Viking CrossFit. I have always been interested in fitness and have always stayed active with activities such as: mountain biking, snowboarding, rock climbing, and kick boxing. I always thought I was "fit" until I started doing CrossFit. After watching Jason and the guys do some crazy workouts and get great results, I decided to try it for myself, and I was instantly hooked. I am stronger, faster, and leaner than I ever have been. Not only do I apply my fitness from CrossFit in my daily life, it has improved my endurance and abilities in the activities that I enjoy. I received my Level 1 certification in April 2008, my Barbell Certification in August 2009, and have also done some Olympic lifting training with Dutch Lowy. I really enjoy training people and and seeing CrossFit literally change people's lives. There's fit, and then there's CrossFit.

Favorite WOD: The Filthy Fifty
Least Favorite WOD: Kelly
Favorite Quote: "Weakness is a choice; Be strong."




Jason Garcia

I am a firefighter paramedic and have worked in public safety for 13 years. Being in shape has always been important in my career. I have always wondered what professional athletes do to get their performance gains. When Dave introduced me to the CrossFit website I was instantly intrigued and started doing the WODs by watching the videos and researching the site. I was amazed at the results I started seeing in myself. It truly changed my life. I feel being the fittest I can be is something I owe my family and my brother firefighters, and CrossFit has gotten me there. I am fortunate to have been to two Level 1 certifications, and I have also received a Barbell Certification and have done some Olympic lifting with Dutch Lowy. I am excited to pursue more certifications in CrossFit training and bring my knowledge to the gym to continue helping others change their lives too.

Favorite WOD: Nasty Girls
Least Favorite WOD: Fran
Favorite Quote:




Cody Jolley
Bio coming soon!

Favorite WOD: Murph
Least Favorite WOD: Firefighter Fran
Favorite Quote: "One does not find himself; he creates himself."





Erick Johnson

I was born and raised in Orem. My hobbies include mountain biking, snow and water skiing, anything outdoors, and sleeping. I was stationed in Baghdad for a year. I learned about CrossFit from the LT I relieved and took over the course from a Marine 1st LT after he left. I learned most of my technique from watching Nicole and Eva on short videos. We had about 30 regulars doing CrossFit on our Sunday morning class. I learned more from teaching than doing. I miss doing Murph with our 45-50# Kevlar vests on, but somehow I know I will get over it. After returning home from Iraq in May, 2008, I made preparations to leave the military and received my Level 1 certification at GSX Athletics in Texas. I now work as a Business Development Manager for Emerson Process Management. That's fancy for salesman. I had been looking for a gym to continue my CrossFit addiction and am happy to be invited to Viking CrossFit. I am excited to be training again and look forward to the friendly competition.

Favorite WOD:
Least Favorite WOD:
Favorite Quote: "Nobody said it would be easy; we only said it would be worth it."