7:50 PM

Monday 10/20/08

|

Snatch

1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Post load to comments

Don't forget the Swimming Techniques Class

tonight at 6 pm at Orem Recreation Center.
Meet in the pool area. This will be a great class

with knowledgable instructors. Wether you
are a novice swimmer and need a lot of help, or
an advanced swimmer and just want to improve
your technique, this class will help. See you there!





World-Class Fitness in 100 Words:
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.

4 comments:

Viking CrossFit said...

Swim class tonight...Cody told me he will be wearing his speedo!

J Tills said...

To my dismay I won't be able to attend the swim class t'night. Although, the rest of you can breath a sigh of relief.
T'day w/ limited equipment did:
5 rounds of:
1 min single unders..quick as possible.
45 sec worth holding handstand
10 push ups
Didn't know if this would be enough..but felt a good burn in the shoulders. Also, got a better feel for "center" in the handstand position.
Have a safe night.

Anonymous said...

Went to the Swimming class tonight and it was great. I've never been very comfortable in the water. After getting the instruction on technique and various pointers I actually felt reasonably comfortable out there. I'm not gonna break any world records in this lifetime but it's cool to have some basics to build on. I think I might actually start doing some swimming.
Tills- Are you kidding. I think everybody was giddy with anticipation of seeing you and Cody in matching speedos!

Anonymous said...

lol you guys are funny! I soooo loved the swim class! I have always loved swimming. The movement we learned I had learned differently before. It was neat to see how it was broke down. Now I want to go to the Legacy Center and practice it some more. Great night! Thanks for having the class! If you have anymore let me know! Everyone did great! Thanks to the people who taught the class. Now its time we invite them Wednesday for Filthy 50! Show them how we(you guys) do it above water. lol

Post a Comment