8:55 PM

Monday 6/15/09

|

21-15-9
Overhead squats (50% of max)
Pull-ups

~All workouts are scaled to each individual's skill level~


Flashing our Viking Crossfit signs at the Firefighter's 5K race.

The cool thing about Crossfitter's being able to run a 5k is that we don't train for long distance running. We run 400m and occasionally 800m sprints. But running a 5k was not a problem for any of us on Saturday. Because we train everyday for so much more.
In Greg Amundson's word's "In the hopper model of fitness, where an athlete never knows the physical event they will be called upon to perform, the goal of Crossfit is to create a "ready state" where an athlete can perform at 80% in any physical event. "
I believe as Crossfit athletes we prove this every day. Crossfit fitness is truly the best fitness program in the world.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I will try and join you next time you do a race. And cute picture.

Mandy :) said...

Mel you would have so much fun. It was such a good time. As much as I hate running, I loved it! This WOD is going to be a killer on the arms. eeekkk! :0

Jason said...

I did this wod at the rec center. It sucks doing them there. I used 75#.

It was like 5:30

Natalie said...

Brett- I read your post the other day about your wife. That's great she wants to run with you, it's always nice to have a buddy to workout with. Better yet, bring her to the gym with you! I will find a 5k in the late summer or fall that we can all do. That gives us a goal to all reach. All of those that did not run last Saturday with us will be ready by then too! :) Train hard everyone. Tell me how your wods went today. The women's did AWESOME!

Also- Welcome to Julio, Lyndsey, Orie, and Monica. We are glad to have you at the gym!

Mandy said...

What a beautiful day at the gym. The big door open and a awesome breeze coming in. And to top it off a awesome WOD! My arms were so trashed. lol I did 50# overhead squats and gray band pullups. Had to use the tip of my toe on some of the pullups because I did not think my arms were going to pull me up anymore. Time 6:15. I tried keeping up with Will. Not!! Of course he smoked it. Did 75# OHS Time 4:23. And everyone else rocked it too!! Like I said beautiful day in the gym. Excited to see what tomorrows WOD is going to be. Woop! Woop!

Post a Comment