7:00 PM

Monday 1/18/10

|

Annie
50-40-30-20-10
Double-unders
Sit-ups
(compare to 11/24/09)




Congratulations Ori and Sergio Martin! They were voted #1 "Favorite Business Owners" (Martin's Collision Repair) in Utah by Utah Valley Magazine this month. We love having them here training with us. They bring a lot of good energy to the 0730 class.
Sadly, Gold's Gym was voted favorite place to exercise. We all know it's just because we haven't been discovered by most of the county yet. :) But we will....Crossfit is the fastest growing fitness industry in the nation, and we all know why.....it works!
And we want to tell all of you THANK YOU for bringing your friends and family into the gym to check us out. Since word-of-mouth is our main source of advertising, you are all helping us grow and we really appreciate it. Thanks to all of you for making Viking Crossfit the best place to work out!

How is everyone doing on the Zone? Post your thoughts, progress, frustrations, etc. and let us know how your first week in the Zone went.

Zone tip of the week: (This is Jill's great tip) Buy frozen chicken breasts from Costco. Boil all the chicken, let cool, then shred. Freeze the chicken in 2 oz. portions in Ziploc baggies. Then you have chicken ready for meals, salads, etc.

Click here for this week's schedule.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

I am back from St. George. It was so hard to do zone there. So I tried to cut down on the meals that I had. Saw Cody there to. Wonder if he did Zone ;). It was such a good time. Looking forward to coming back tomorrow. And just to share Will might be leaving for Haiti sometime this week. The task force has him on alert. They called him over the weekend and told him to be prepared to leave at anytime. He is packed and ready, just waiting on the phone call. The day he was suppose to leave is on Tuesday but it depends on the airports. Not sure how long he will be gone. :( His 2 concerns were leaving the kids and I and crossfit! Ha! Ha!

JohnsonOhana said...

I made it through the weekend. I am so proud of myself. I am going to St. George this weekend and I am worried. This workout is one of my favorites it is so fun. My jumproping is improving lots now for the double unders that might take some time.

Mandy :) said...

You are gonna love it in St. George. It is beautiful. As far as the food I just did small portions and no sweets. I still feel very good. I have been taking my fish oils. I am gonna cook chicken today.
Update.... It does not look like Tuesday any more. They are now saying within the week. They are just starting to get a few guys in. Plus there is the food issue.

DaveS said...

Jess. . . .round 2 was 8:34

Viking Crossfit said...

Mandy....wish Will good luck from all of us and tell him to be safe. Let us know when he ships out.
Great job Mandy and Cami for sticking on the Zone.
How is everyone else doing? Let's hear some times you all got today on "Annie". Anyone doing double-unders?

Mandy :) said...

I only did singles. But I felt better then I ever have doing them. I know it has to be this zone and fish oil. time 10:36.
But we did talk tonight as a group that we want to sign up for 5k's, marathon(not me), tri, and wasatch back! I want running to be one of my goals.
And almost forgot Congrats Sergio and Ori!

Jenn said...

Congratulations, Sergio and Ori! That must be an amazing feeling!!

James and I did double-unders today. James added 4:01 to his time and I added 5:53 to mine, BUT we both got much more out of today's wod than if we had done singles. Mel was kickin' it with her double-unders! Good job, homie!!

I got my first pull-up today, too! Then had to do about 15 more because I was so excited!! And now I have a couple of blisters as a result of my determination. :-( Oh how I loooooove Crossfit!!

Amanda said...

I did double-unders, but had to do singles in between them, and even then I could only do a few in a row. Cody suggested doing half since I'd never done them in a wod before. The 50 round was taking so long, so I ended up doing 30-20-15-10-10 of DU. It took forever, but afterwards I was disappointed that I didn't push myself harder and do the full workout. Oh well, next time.

Melanie said...

I did double unders today also and added 7 minutes to my time. But I'm glad Cody pushed my to do the harder ones and not take the easy way out. It was a good workout. Thanks Jen They would have been a lot easier if I was trying not to pee my pants doing them. lol
The zone diet is going very well for me. I have lost 3 pounds so far and I'm feeling great.

Ange K. said...

Congrats Sergio and Ori!
...and JEN!!!
I did the WOD today as Rx, 12:17 (I think).
I am horrible at the double unders, but I they make me work a lot harder. Someday I hope to hear the swooshing of the rope like "real" double unders are supposed to sound.
Loving the Zone!

Post a Comment