9:00 PM

Thursday 4/1/10

|

Warm up + 75 burpee pull-ups

5 Rounds
2000m row
42 shoulder press




The Skill-of-the-month for April is The Snatch. Snatch [wmv] [mov]

Starting next week we are going to start posting Crossfit Endurance wods that you can do in addition to your regular Crossfit wods. Many of you have commented on how you would like to improve your endurance and many of you are training for 5k's and marathons this summer. These wods you can do in addition to your regular Workout of the Day or you can do them 2-3 days a week. We will post them on M,W,F but you can choose when to do them. If you are training for a bike race, marathon or triatholon....don't stop doing your CF wods! Do them with the Crossfit endurance wods and you will not only decrease the amount of time you have to spend training, but also reduce the risk of injury. Check out crossfitendurance.com and get familiar with how the program works.

Girls night out this Friday at 7pm at the Garcia's house. We're going to watch "New Moon" and hang out. 1568 north 375 east. PLEASE RSVP, I would like to get any idea of how many of you are coming. It will be fun to hang out together outside the gym and get to know each other better. :)

If the weather permits, we will be doing Murph on Saturday!

22 comments:

JohnsonOhana said...

I was hoping we could add a 5k as well. I am assuming this is an april fools joke. CRAZY!! I will be there Friday night. Can I bring anything? Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Wade Olsen said...

The first thing that came out of my mouth when I saw this WOD was "Jason has absolutely lost his MIND!!!" And then I remember as well, that tomorrow is April 1st. Good one Trainers. You got me.

Wade

Mandy:) said...

Oh Man, I justg text Natalie and said are you sure you did not put 2000 by accident. ha ha ha I should have known since I have my whole April Fools day planned out.

Wade Olsen said...

Oh and doing "Murph" on Saturday??? I'll be lucky if I can walk on Saturday after today's WOD. I'm already getting sore and it isn't even the day after.

I'm not saying... I'm just saying...

T said...

Natalie, can I bring anything Friday night? Drinks? Dessert? Food? Let me know! :)

Anonymous said...

10,000 meters of rowing, eh?
200 + shoulder presses, eh?
Oh well...It was nice knowing you...
JH

Mandy :) said...

Ha Ha I did not even notice the shoulder press. ha ha
Hey, what were the girls doing for weight for the thrusters??

Mandy:) said...

ooops feel stupid, never mind I see. I guess I should have asked what were the round about times on 100 thrusters?

Wade Olsen said...

You know what would be a better April Fool's Day joke than a WOD that is plausible but pretty insane... letting everybody carry on about how the WOD is a good April Fool's Day joke and when we get to VCF this morning its not an April Fool's Day joke.

I'm not saying... I'm just saying...

Wade

Anonymous said...

so what exactly are you saying???

Natalie said...

I had a lot of fun sitting back reading everyone's posts last night, wondering if the wod was a joke or not. Hmmm....So like Wade said...is it a April's fool's joke or not? I guess you will have to come to the gym to find out. MUUUAAAAAHHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

Sheena feels like she got run over by a truck after yesterdays thrusters. Gotta take a day off. dang

Amanda said...

The numbers in the class today were sparse. I guess 10,000m row and 200+ shoulder presses isn't for everyone. I can't believe I finished it, and in only 1 hour and 37 minutes. My arms feel like jello!

Amanda said...

Natalie,

I was thinking I would bring a veggie tray with dip to the girls night. Or I could bring something a little less zone like. Let me know.

Wade Olsen said...

Right there with you Amanda. 1 hour and 25 minutes for me. I hope I can actually move the rest of this week.

Wade

T said...

Amanda, you are so funny!

Jason said...

There is no doubt in my mind that everyone could do this WOD in less than an hour. Obviously your intensity wasn't high enough Amanda and Wade. You just are not going to get the results you want if you don't increase you intensity. Well maybe next time. We will probably do this one again next month.

des said...

Bring on Murph! Im excited to try this thing finally and fully prescribed :)

Des said...

Well without the 20 pound weighted vest......

Natalie said...

Oh Wade and Amanda.... 1hr and 25 min is pretty good considering all that rowing. Good job :) I have to say the burpee pull-ups were awesome. I could do those all day long. Why don't we do those more often?

Amanda and Cami....feel free to bring any snacks or treats, but you don't have to. Veggies sound good...especially since I will have mostly movie "treats" available.

Natalie said...

P.S. Des you should were the vest for Murph...that would be awesome. :) I did today's wod with a 20 pound vest and I have to say it made it much more enjoyable.

Melanie said...

You guys are all funny. Happy April Fools Day!

Post a Comment