9:00 PM

Saturday 4/3/10

|

Basic Movements at 0800
Group Wod at 0900


Murph

1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats
1 mile run

For time: Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Michael Murphy
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it 'Body Armor.' From here on it will be referred to as 'Murph' in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.

Please be on time today! We will do a quick warm up and get started at 9:15. We can also scale this for many of you who will be doing it for the first time. This workout will take most people anywhere from 35 minutes to 1 hour. Unless there is a blizzard and it would be unsafe to run, plan on doing Murph rain or shine.


6 comments:

Wade Olsen said...

R.I.P. LT. Murphy. We'll be thinking of you and your sacrifice.

Wade

Anonymous said...

I am very excited to do this WOD! This was about my 3rd or 4th workout I did when I first started. The story behind Murphy is amazing. I hope to see u all there to support this soldier and eachother.
Jessica

Amanda said...

That was a crazy, amazing work out. Even though I only did "Mur" instead of Murph, it still kicked my butt. Good job everyone!

Natalie said...

We had a great turn out this am and I am so impressed with everyone. Everyone came in with a great attitude that they were going to do this Hero wod and get through it no matter how long it took. Everyone finished under an hour with the average time around 40 minutes. No one complained. No one stopped moving. No one quit. Incredible effort by everyone. R.I.P. Lt.Murphy.

On another note, I had a great time with all the girls last night! Thanks for coming and we will get together again soon. :)

DaveS said...

Murph was quite the workout.

Here's the link to the route tracked by my GPS.
http://connect.garmin.com/player/28857364
You'll have to copy out the link as I can't embed a hyperlink in this blog.

Natalie said...

Thanks Dave. Your watch is pretty cool. I mapped the whole block on mapmyrun.com to see if it was close to a mile and it looks like it would be 0.93 mile. I figure by the time we run to the building and up the stairs it will be close enough. Check out this link....
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ut/lindon/344127034836171972

Post a Comment