Warm-up+ pistols

"Christine"
3 rounds
500 meter row
12 body weight deadlifts
21 box jumps


We of the sisterhood of Viking Crossfit:

-Promise to help each other reach our goals, to never give up, and to push harder each time we go.

-We promise to keep our chatting to a minimum of 10 minutes before each workout.

-We promise
to laugh at each others stories and learn from our mistakes

-We promise to be there for a shoulder to cry on or for a girls night out.

-We promise to run for your water bottle or pukie, whichever is needed worse.


-We promise to keep an eye on the playroom when other Viking moms are in the middle of a hard wod.

-We promise to hold toddlers and wipe snotty noses when mom is dead-lifting 205 pounds, and to help keep the floor clean from preschool graffiti artists.


We are Viking Crossfit Women and We Rock!

-By Taryn M.
"It's Never to Late."

Click here for this week's schedule. Please note: The 6am class will have a rest day on Wednesday instead of Thursday this week.

13 comments:

Blake said...

This one looks fun...I actually like all of these movements!

Wade Olsen said...

I was thinking the same thing Blake. It looks like an @$$ kicker too!

Sweet!!!

Wade

cK said...

should have read this one before I ate dinner...Is it possible to loose 50#'s over night?

Lee said...

Yahoo! Super stoked to see a second (and later) Saturday class. Awesome! Thanks!

T said...

Let's see...popcorn, cherry coke, key lime bar, dark chocolate walnut cookie, homemade ice-cream, cinnamon roll, french toast... is it even possible to "roll" into Crossfit after this Mother's Day weekend?

Heather said...

Then there's strawberry cheesecake, coconut cream pie and lina's famous peanut butter bars.

Kathy said...

I agree with anonymous, those rower seats are NOT bun friendly, I'm bringing a pillow next time, haha!

Amanda said...

Today's wod was a killer. I couldn't get to where I felt comfortable with the deadlifts. It didn't help that I woke up with a sore back. Needless to say it was a long one. The good news is that I did my first real Crossfit Endurance workout this afternoon. I did the first one VCF posted: 12x20 sec sprints- all out effort w/ 2 min rest between sprints. I felt really good for the first six sprints. I haven't run that fast since probably high school. The second six sprints were a bit slower, but I felt good about them.

I'm really excited to see how this type of training works. Last year I did my first 5K and my training for that was just running. It sucked and I hated every minute of it. I would much rather train this way.

So, here's to getting ready for the Orem City Firefighter's 5K.

Natalie said...

Good job Amanda! I'm posting some info about the Firefighter 5k tomorrow. Today's wod was tough, but good. If you row efficiently it helps when you move to your deadlifts. Great job am classes! I know the night classes will rock it too.

And yes.... Viking CF women rock!!!!! (hey, it's been proven by studies :)

Mandy :) said...

Amanda, I really like the Orem 5K last year. It was flat lol lol The other ones that I had ran in before were hilly and I was not doing crossfit at the time. Even though I came in the back of the group at the Orem one last year, I felt a huge difference mentally and physically.

Today's work out was a good one. Once again the row was very mental for me. I did 160# deadlifts. My first round I did normal box jumps. But the second and third round I did step ups. lol I would like to do this one again in the near future and see if I can get a pr. lol

Ange K. said...

Taryn, I love that quote...THANK YOU!

AnnEE said...

This was HARD! I almost cried. But, I didn't, AND I finished. :) Here's to mentally prepping for tomorrow so I don't have to do stupid burpies!

Mandy :) said...

Annee, I wish I could have stayed and watched you. I will be there tomorrow night. So I will be cheering you on. You got this girlee!!!

Post a Comment