6:00 PM

Monday 01/05/09

|

"Murph"
For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed.
*We will modify this workout so it can be done in the gym. Dress warm up if you want to run outside*
Robbie and Erick pushing through a wod.
Tip of the week:
DON'T FORGET TO STRETCH!!! Stretching is so important to do before and after your wod. It will help decrease soreness, improve flexibility, and help prevent injuries. For those of you with tight hip-flexors you need to continue to do your stretching in the gym and at home. Your hips, glutes, and hamstrings all take a role in midline stabilization. Which means if any of these are tight, it will affect core muscles and can lead to pain and/or injury to your lower back, knees, and more. So keep stretching! If you don't know or have forgotten some of the stretches, ask one of the trainers to show you.
*Our first Women's Class starts today at 10:30!*
Workouts will be scaled to each individuals level.
We will start everyone out very slowly and teach
the basic movements before we increase the intensity.
So don't worry when you see workouts like the one
listed above. It's going to be a lot of fun ladies!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should be a rest day but I think I might come in and start on some CF Endurance stuff. The CFE site suggests starting out with 8x200m runs and working up to 4-5x400m runs. So I think I'll start doing those for the next few weeks and work up to the full CFE WOD. I'm hoping to make some big gains in my run times. Wasatch Back here I come!

Anonymous said...

oh my!! Is'nt Monday a rest day for me! ughhhh I don't like the way this one sounds.

Viking CrossFit said...

I came in and did hang power cleans
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

got up to 185# on my fifth set and tried 195 twice with no success. Oh well I felt good about my weight. 15# over body weight. Another thing it is hard to get momentum for me in the hang position. Also I have been incorporating cleans and weighted snatches in my warm ups and it has been awesome. Those are really fun movements.

Will you are tearing it up. Your Murph time was 34 minutes or 34 minutes sorter than last time?

We had Kristen in today also. It was her first day and she did awesome. She was a real natural with her squats. She was brought in by Jaime who is from Alaska. They both did really well. Hope to see more of Kristen.

See everyone tonight.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Jason-I wish it was 34 minutes. it was 34 minutes shorter than previous time. I got 41:42

Anonymous said...

I went in tonight and did the 1/2 "Murph". I went in scared of this WOD after the conversations last week. So mentally I was not there. I HATE running!! The one thing I did less then half, was my squats. I only did 100 instead of 150. A muscle in my left thigh got to bothering me. I can even feel it walking down my stairs. Oh well! It killed me but was fun. My time was 33:37. So the next time it comes around there is a goal for me. Thanks Jason for pushing me through it. Tessa sorry you were not able to come. "Dang Snow" lol Will, I don't know how you did it!

Anonymous said...

Nice job everyone! whoot whoot

Tessa and Jeff said...

I was really bummed that I didn't get in to do Murph tonight. I had been thinking about it ALL day, dreading it really, but excited to try it. Anyhow, as I'm sure most of you know, the snow was crazy and it took me an hour and a half to get to my house in Orem from Draper... I was planning on going to the night class but didn't make it home in time :( The roads were crazy! Make sure all of you drive safe! Well, I'm hoping to make it in tomorrow night :) I don't know if I'll be able to do the clean and jerk WOD cause my shoulder has been getting worse... lame! Well, hope you all sleep well!
PS - Jason, nice work on your hang power cleans... way more weight then I'll EVER be able to do! Also, Will, FANTASTIC time on "Murph" that'll be WAY hard to beat... I'm not planning on it:) Mandy, nice job too! I hope your leg gets feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Tessa- You forget that I've seen you in action. There's little doubt in my mind that you can beat my time. Just don't let the runs get in your head. Think positive on the runs and go hard and I think you can smoke me. Again! :)

Jewels said...

I showed up today for the women's class....and I was the only one! Dave was great and teaching me the basics. I did a work out afterwards and was totally worked. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm a weakling, but it felt great! I can't walk today (no seriously), but I'm excited to get back into the swing of things. Thanks Dave!

Post a Comment