9:00 PM

Tuesday 01/27/09

|

"CrossFit Total"

Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep


Christian has a great kipping swing. Now get that chin up over the bar... Great job!

Make sure you are working on your Pull-ups, the Skill-of-the Month. If you can't do a pull-up yet we have new bands to assist you with kipping and help you start building your strength. If you are getting good at your kipping pull-ups, start working on getting your chest to the bar with each one. Next, work on the Butterfly kip and good form with L-Pull-ups. We also have a weighted vest you can wear while doing your pull-ups. Work hard everyone!

4 comments:

Brooke and Justin said...

this morning was fun with everyone there! good job blake and phil! they both killed me! phil was an animal on the back squats! my numbers were
sp: 135(tied my previous pr)
bs: 280
dl: 365(pr)
CFT: 780
I will get 800+ next time!
see you in the morning

Anonymous said...

7:30 am class this morning had a good showing with Sergio throwing up some great backsquat numbers. Darrell and Eric worked very hard, with Darrell doing amounts he didn't think possible.

Personally I had a great time and am paying for it now in soreness with PR's in all three categories:

SP:125#(PR) previous best 95#
BS:215#(PR) previous best 185# a week ago
DL:345#(PR) previous best 325# 2 weeks ago
CFT:685 wanted to break 600 and now am staring 700 square in the face.

Form was ugly as sin on the final DL but no tweaks in my back at all. See everyone in the morning for "Barbara".

Viking CrossFit said...

Wow! PR's all over the place today! Nice work everyone. It is really fun to do the CFT and see your own progression, in just a matter of weeks. Crossfit works..it's undeniable.

Anonymous said...

The most impressive PR's of the day, in my opinion, were Sergio's Back Squats. I believe he hit a little over 200lbs. He spent alot of time and his form was great. I don't know exactly what his previous best was but he pushed really hard and had some impressive results.

I also have some video on my camera phone of Darrel's 315 BS and 365 DL. I will try to post soon for all to watch.

Post a Comment