"Kelly"
5 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Box jumps
30 Wall Ball shots
or
"Karen"
For time:
150 Wall Ball shots

REMEMBER: FORM, FORM, FORM! We never sacrifice form for intensity. Form is more important then getting a fast time or a PR on a lift. If you are doing a wod and get a great time, but your form sucks, you are not doing the wod as Rx. If you are doing a heavy lift and your form sucks, you will not get a PR. More importantly, if your form sucks, you are cheating yourself from getting the full benefit from the movement and you're at risk for getting hurt.
The trainer's will not be putting "Rx" by your name and time if you slacked on your form. Some of the trainer's put parenthesis around your time, meaning your form was not good. We will not add weight to your lifts, if your form is not looking good. We way rather see a 15 min Fran time with good form, then a sub 5 min Fran time with poor form.
As your intensity increases, your form will wane somewhat, it's inevitable. But your form should still be at 80%. 20% of the time your squat may not have been low enough, or your chest wasn't quite touching the ground. We as trainers recognize this. We want you to get the most out of the movements we teach you. Remember: Good form will keep you from getting hurt, and will get you the results you want.

9 comments:

Viking CrossFit said...

The new blog is looking great! It's easy to navigate and has a lot of great information available now. Thanks Katie for all your hard work!
If anyone asks you about Crossfit...send them to our website. (or better yet, bring them to the gym with you) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's been 2 days and I still can't quite talk about it without getting emotional, but I just wanted to let my Crossfit family know that I won't be in the gym for a little while. As most of you know I found out a little while ago I was pregnant. Well, Monday I miscarried. I was able to see by ultrasound that I actually was pregnant before I miscarried. That made it a little bit harder I think but it was good too see "the baby". Anyway, I'm still readin how everyone is doing everyday, however I just won't be joining you for a while. My body has been through A LOT in the last little bit and it needs a break. Keep it up guys :) Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Condolences Tessa. We'll be thinking of you here at the Radle's.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry Tessa. Take some time and we will see you soon. We love ya.

Viking CrossFit said...

We're thinking of you. So sorry to hear of your loss. Take the time you need. Let us know if you need anything.
-Dave

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry Tessa. Hang in there and let us know if you and Jeff need anything. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tessa! I am always here for you. I am sorry. Lubs ya!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to post now so I can go to bed soon. I have a feeling I am going to be up all night with a sick girl. I did "Karen" today. I did it on August 8th and did 100 wall balls using 10 # ball. My time was 8:40. This time I did the 150 and used 15# ball and 10# ball.(half n half) My time was 10:42. So I am pretty proud of myself. Kevin and Will kicked butt. After watching them I was very glad I did not do that WOD. And I got to meet the other Mandy today. But we are going to have to give her a nick name. Like giggles or something to do with laughing. She has the coolest laugh ever and is the happiest person. She was alot of fun! Welcome Mandy. Plus there needs to be another name so we are not getting mixed up. Glad I came in tonight. And Tessa, I still Lubs ya! ;) oh and 1 more thing Thanks Jason for being there tonight. I am glad you pushed me. :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly tonight. Had to sub 10# one armed wall balls. Used the 10# for 4 rounds and on the last round got gutsy and went with the 15#. Time of 27:30. An improvement timewise of about 3 minutes but hard to really say it was an improvement overall since I did half the weight on wallballs even though they were one armed. Puts a burn on that arm I'm here to tell ya.
Nice work to my Mandy, Kevin and not my Mandy. Everybody was pushing hard. Not my Mandy is definitely a happy gal. Way cool to have her in the gym! Good to get back in the gym even if I am a gimp! :)
Big shout out to our girl Tessa! Nothin but love sister!

Post a Comment