9:00 PM

Tuesday 1/26/10

|

21 pull-ups
15 Lunges
18 pull-ups
15 Lunges
15 pull-ups
15 Lunges
12 pull-ups
15 Lunges
9 pull-ups
15 Lunges
6 pull-ups
15 Lunges
3 pull-ups
15 Lunges






So what's the deal with Crossfit and the Kool Aid man? Crossfit has been accused by many "outsiders" to be some sort of cult. With all the slangs we use....wod's, AMRAPS, Fran, etc. , the devotion to our gyms, and how fast the Crossfit community is growing with the number of followers now in the thousands. So we poke fun at the accusations and tell everyone to come "drink the Kool Aid" with us. (See Jonestown for the Kool-aid reference). We don't mind being called a "cult" and we welcome all to join us. We are glad you are all drinking the Crossfit Kool Aid with us here at Viking! Read here for more about the "Crossfit Cult".

Zone tip of the week: Is it ok to have a cheat meal? Dr. Sears recommends having a cheat meal, once a month. It's ok to have a cheat meal, but a cheat weekend is another thing. Especially when you are new to the diet and have a lot of weight you want to lose. After you fully understand the diet and have made it a "habit", you can usually eat 80% in the Zone and still get the results you want. Remember, you are only one meal away from the Zone. So if you have a cheat meal, just make sure your next meal is in the Zone. Usually, you find that you feel so gross after cheating, that you can't wait to get back in the Zone.

8 comments:

DaveS said...

All pull-ups completed - check
All lunges completed - check
Callouses held - check
Legs still working - check

Bring on the rest of the day.

Viking Crossfit said...

Clark....I sent you an email with some travel wods for you, let me know if you got it. Good luck and we will see you when you get back.

JohnsonOhana said...

I have really noticed the improvement in my workouts this week. I have done almost 3 weeks of the zone and it is going really well. I even survived St. George for a girls weekend away. I have lost 10 pounds since the new year and just am motivated to keep going. I love crossfit and all it has done for my life. I feel so strong and happy. I really think we have great trainers and awesome people at viking.

Natalie said...

Cami, Thanks for your awesome post. It's great to hear successes from the Zone diet. It's very motivating. It really is such a great and doable diet. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

T said...

VCF,
Can you forward me the travel wods too?
Thanks!

Jenn said...

Yowza! Today hurt me! I'm having a hard time straightening my arms. And my hands? Forget about it! But, in the famous words of our beloved trainer, Jason, "It's only pain." So bring on tomorrow's wod! But first I should invest in some tape... Thanks VCF. I'm having the best time of my life!!

And could I get a copy of the travel wod's too, please? Christophersonjl@hotmail.com

Thanks again!

Melanie said...

Good job Cami! That is really awesome. Keep up the good work.
I havent' haven't done as good as Cami. I have only lost 3 pounds so far but I measured myself yesterday and I lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist and a 1/2 an inch off my hips so I am happy with that. So sometimes it's not the weight that counts but the inches you are loosing also.
Today's WOD was a good one. Where was everyone today. There wasn't very many people there tonight?

Mandy :) said...

Good job Mel and Cami. I have not lost weight. But we did measure yesterday and I have lost inches. But I want weight gone lol!! I will just keep trying. Enjoying the zone and so is my family, thanks to everyones recipes that they are sharing.
I was not able to make it in tonight. But while I was waiting for Marians cheer I did the workout in the weight room at AF rec center. I have to say I see why now Natalie that you get some stares at Gold gyms. But what is funny is it kind of makes you feel pretty cool. lol Only if they knew there was way better out there. lol But I felt cool. I say we should do like you said and walk up in golds gym as a group. Woot Woot!

Post a Comment