21-15-9

Hang power snatches
Ring dips


Des demonstrates a great front squat. Des is quiet at the gym, but don't let her fool you, she is an amazing athlete!


The Hang Power Snatch:
There is nothing that combines the level of speed, power, and muscular development that

the hang power snatch (HPS) provides. This is an explosive movement that combines the
power of a power clean and the speed of a sprint. In fact research has shown that the body
produces more speed while performing the snatch than any other movement tested. A great exercise for your back and shoulder.
HPS Tips
:
-- Keep the bar very close to your body at all times. This will make it much safer and
easier for you to pull your body under the bar for the squat portion of the move.
-- Keeping your torso tight and in proper alignment is vital. Having strong hamstrings,
low back, shoulders and abs is critical to overall success.
-- Don’t pull with your arms first. Let your legs and hips initiate the movement, and use
your arms to pull yourself under the bar.
--Think of jumping up with the snatch, it is not a hip swing.
-- In the catch position, activate those shoulders to hold that heavy weight, like in the Overhead squat.
--You can also do HPS with dumbbells. For added difficulty try one arm at a time. This is a great core exercise. (We did these a couple of weeks ago.)

Crossfit Endurance:

Choose ONE Of The Following Sports

Swim: 20minutes total: at 85% for first 10min then pick it up to 90% on the last 10min

Bike: 90 minutes total: at 85% for first 45min then pick it up to 90% on the last 45min

Run: 40 minutes total: at 85% for first 20min then pick it up to 90% on the last 20min

C2: 15 minutes total: at 85% first 7.5min recover 1min, then 90% for second 7.5min

9 comments:

Clark said...

Not sure if I should continue to post as I will show too much of my ignorance and inability. But I did today's wod to the best of my ability. I did it in 10 minutes even, and just did 65lbs. I'm beat. (I did the bar plus 2 5KG weights. my dips were just off the side of a weight bench since they don't have rings here at the hotel)

Anonymous said...

Dez is hot!!!! Blake is a lucky dude!!!!

Natalie said...

Des is hot!!! And she is an amazing athlete!

Sorry for posting the CF endurance wod so late. The stupid weather throws me off. But it's clearing up so you can do an endurance wod today. :)

Natalie said...

P.S. Yes Clark, keep posting! It's great to hear how your scaling the wods in a hotel, great job!

Ben said...

Anybody know where I can get a solid deep-tissue massage without breaking the bank?

Amanda said...

I have a question about Crossfit Endurance. So, if my goal is to just do a 5K, should I still be running as much as the CE schedule says, because I can jog a 5K in less than 40 minutes. I'm assuming that's what you should do for marathon training? Also, dumb question, but what is C2?

Good wod today. Not a killer, but still a great workout. I did 25 lbs. and my time was 6:25.

Ben said...

C2 is the rowing machine we have at the gym.

Natalie said...

Ben...Center for Massage has massage therapists and apprentices there that do a good job. I think it was around $40. It's right by the gym too. About 1800 N and State. Give them a call.

Amanda, Yes, the C2 machine is the Concept 2 rower. Today is a longer distance/time on the CF endurance wod, a lot of the other wods are more sprint-like. So you should do the long ones too. This Thursday may be something like run 400m sprints x4 with a 2min break between sprints. The longer wods and sprint wods are both good for endurance training. You could do your CF endurance wods on a day like today where the gym wod was not too long, or on one of your rest days. It's usually recommended to do the CF endurance wod 3 hrs before or 3 hrs after your gym wod.
Please continue to ask questions about CF endurance, I know it's a bit confusing. I hope more of you that want to work on your running or who are training for a run this summer are trying it.

Wade Olsen said...

Ben, my wife is a massage therapist and she will give any and all Viking CrossFit client a one hour deep tissue massage for $35. Her number is 801-876-0765. Just tell her you work out at Viking CrossFit.

Wade

Post a Comment