9:00 PM

Wednesday 4/14/10

|

(Sorry, no 6pm class tonight)
WOD


"Nate"
20 minute AMRAP
2 muscle-ups
4 HSPUs
8 KB swings 2 pood





(from the Crossfit Endurance website)....


CrossFit Endurance was created with the belief that you have taken the time to learn the skill of your sport. The website is to be used with the Anaerobic Endurance WOD, Main Site WOD, your affiliate, or your own CrossFit Programming (Beware, poor programming will come at your cost in fitness and sport). Follow the directions as indicated on each day's WOD. If you aren't recovering and hitting times that you should hit, take a day or two off... Recovery is why you get better, not more training!

With Progression!!! CrossFit 4-6 times per week. The most successful athletes will be able to follow a 3:1 CrossFit/Strength and Conditioining cycle. Choose ONE sport per day on this site. Single sport athletes should only be following this site 2-3 times a week. Typically, 1 cycle, which is 1 interval, 1 tempo/stamina workout, and 1 more interval workout... This should be spaced accordingly throughout the week. Multisport athletes should train no more than 2 workouts per week per sport on this site. PERIOD! Follow anything else and you are not following this site correctly.

Yes we know this is contrary to what everyone else is telling you....We aren't everyone.

(Meaning...you CAN train less and get great results within your sport, if not better, and with less injuries.)

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Wade that is awesome your wife is willing to give us a one hour massage for such a great price! If she has any cards she is welcome to leave some at the gym.

Clark said...

So normally I would do dips for muscle-ups, but I don't have any rings here, are there other decent substitutes? I was thinking I could do a few pull-ups and dips off the side of the bench to every muscle-up, are there other cleaner options?

Jason said...

Three pull-ups and three dips would work Clark. That is per muscle up.

Clark said...

Thanks Jason... I ended up wimping out on Nate and did what Cody suggested and go for a 2000 M row. I finished in 9:17 which I'm fairly pleased with as dinner was late and heavy.

I focused on these things, but correct me if I'm wrong on any of these:
1. more active back and not leaning back too far
2. keeping the chain level while going back and forth and having the bar touch just under my rib cage.
3. 1 second explosion back and 2 seconds coming forward.

Felt good.

Natalie said...

It was fun doing the wod with the 0930 class today! Everyone did great! I really liked this hero wod and the 20 min went by fast. Have fun night crew.

Viking Crossfit said...

Hey, where is everyone? How come no one is posting anymore? Mandy??? everyone??

Ange K. said...

I really liked "Nate"! I was very surprised how fast the 20 min went by. Thanks to everyone this morning for pushing me!

Lee said...

I'm watching you...

Post a Comment